Summer is here, and it's hot hot hot! So get your bathing suits on and party out poolside with our latest mix set, the POOL PARTY MIX. Glasnost loves harmony melody and vocals, and pretty much everything about pop music. So when we make a mix set it's not gonna be your typical repetitive ravey club bangers, but that rare category of dance music that still retains the magic of pop songs...so without further ado:
Glasnost Pool Party Mix by glasnost
1) Amari - Your Kisses (Turzo Remix) :: This is the only remix we have by this guy "Turzo" but it is solid. As for Amari, vocals for us can make or break a track - and Amari's vocals are great. With a dash of that slightly unidentifiable foreign accent.
2) Cullen - Easily Impressed (Calling in Sick Remix) :: Pretty much everything said about the above track pertains to this one also. Except the foreign accent. Sick disco synths, great pop elements, and awesome vocals.
3) Alex Metric - Caller :: Now we start to get a little dirty with this track, this is one of the Alex Metric tracks that doesn't get enough hype, and it should! Damn he knows how to cut up vocals so well.
4) Chromeo - Night By Night (Bubblegum SciFi Remix) :: Another one-off, this is the only track we have from "Bubblegum Scifi". We like his name, we like his choice of remixes, and we like how he dirtied up this track but still kept all the right pop elements.
5) Gypsy and the Cat - Jona Vark (Shazam Remix) :: The disco-slide bass line in this track is so sick, we just can't get over it.
6) Shinichi Osawa - Star Guitar (Popular Computer Remix) :: What can we say, when this one drops you cannot NOT dance. And the singer has a sexy voice as an added bonus.
7) Hey Champ - Neverest (Raw Man Remix) :: We LOVE Hey Champ, after performing with them at the SXSW Lose Control party. Their vocals are so killer and their tracks are just pop excellence. This remix makes the track a little heavier but the best parts of the original are still showcased.
8) Gooseflesh - Still Wild :: Gooseflesh are a group from Turkey that makes killer original tracks and remixes, some of them are wild Justice-style electrobangers, and others have more of the disco touch to them, like the track we selected here. All of them are great though.
9) Yeasayer - O.N.E. (Glasnost Remix) :: We couldn't pass up a shameless self-congratulatory plug, now could we?
10) Cartwall - Let it Up (Databas Re-Remix) :: This is one of those tracks with the kinda vocals we love, wandering in that area between 80s and punk. And that electro bass line is great.
11) Just a Band - Girls Get Down :: Just a band has a wide range of different sounds on their albums, but this particular sound of their's is our favorite, that synth-heavy indie electro. They seem to have a couple of different vocalists also, but this guy is our personal fave.
12) Classixx - I'll Get You (Gigamesh Remix) :: I don't think there's anything we can say about this track that hasn't already been said. It has already received tons of love and rightly so, and we especially love this particular remix because of the heavy disco synths and awesome chord progression.
13) Naive New Beaters - Get Love (The Shoes Remix) :: We had to rock out and include at least a few guitars in this mix, so introducing Naive New Beaters. We love the way the singer has that 80s rap way of singing. That half-time section of this song is probably the closest we will EVER get to dubstep.
14) Visitor - Los Feeling (Flashworx Remix) :: Ok, with this track you're starting to feel a bit of the urgency and melancholy on the horizon, it's telling you "Oh no the mix is ending soon!" The singer's voice is very emotive in that 80s spirit of groups like Tesla Boy, we love it.
15) Kaskade feat. Dragonette - Fire in Your New Shoes :: As the pool party comes to a close, we all need one more guitar track to shake those last demons out of us. The singer for Dragonette has a great voice and we've been expecting these guys to blow up for a while now, by this time next year they'll probably be touring with Lady Gaga or something.
16) College - The Scarlett Empress :: College is a great outfit from the Valerie collective, making melancholy synth music that sounds like the soundtrack to some John Hughes movie that you can vaguely remember seeing when you were 13. This is the perfect track for the lonely maintenance man who has to clean up all the mess that you guys made during the pool party.
So there you have it...now go out and find that after-party! and before you do that, help us get to Lollapalooza by voting for our remix below. You can vote once a day, so keep them coming....cheers!
Oh, ya...and don't forget tomorrow: